Monday, November 5, 2012

Close call

Today, I went to the doctor because I was having contractions one right after the other all night last night and all morning this morning. Since I was at three cm last Wednesday, I was a little concerned this might be it at 34 weeks. None of the contractions were painful, just uncomfortable, like they have been for the last four months. They were, however, right on top of each other and not stopping. At the doc, they said I was still a three but now 75% effaced (versus 25% last week). They sent me to the hospital to be monitored, and sure enough I was having contractions every 2-3 minutes. They kept me all day giving me fluids (even though I was far from dehydrated - I've been drinking 80-90 oz of water per day) and medicine to stop the contractions. I finally stopped having them so close together (only 15 minutes apart), and they sent me home on very strict bedrest. Luckily, I convinced my mom to stay and help me here while my dad went back home alone to Miami on the 1st. What wonderful, selfless parents I have. We're hoping baby girl keeps cooking for at least one more week. In the meantime, Josh and Brooklyn are enjoying their time with grandma.

 

Grandma playing with Joshy at the playground, while I, of course, am sitting on a bench spectating.

 

No comments: