Monday, October 13, 2008

Falling Asleep

Our typical evening schedule ends with either Matt or I bouncing with Brooklyn on the exercise ball until she falls asleep and then put her into her bed for the night. However, last night and tonight, she would not go to sleep while we bounced her. She would just play with our faces and talk to us. So, after 20 minutes of that, we put her in her bed awake and she just rolled over onto her side and fell asleep ALL BY HERSELF... without fussing or crying! I can't believe she already goes to sleep all by herself!

We are glad that she can do this, but we already miss having her fall asleep in our arms every night. :(

2 comments:

Don and Judy said...

That little Brooklyn is such a good baby! How wonderful that she can go to sleep all by herself. She is so sweet, I can understand missing her.

The Ollila's said...

Isn't it funny how we love to hold babies - maybe the most- when they are sleeping? That was always my favorite time with my babies. Although as we got more kids it was always nice to have them fall assleep on their own. I can't wait for Thanksgiving and to get to hold her again.