Friday, August 8, 2008

When Alicia came to stay...

Alicia, Matt's sister, came to visit us (well, mainly Brooklyn) for a week. We had such a blast! We went shopping, swimming, out to eat, we went to Charleston's harbor, but we mostly just hung out around the house playing cards and sharing secrets (tee hee). Alicia also brought her youngest son, Ian, who entertained Brooklyn more than any of us could. And, since she was here during our Anniversary, Matt and I were even able to go out on a date while she babysat (our first date since Brooklyn was born). We went to watch a movie - The Dark Knight (which is really awesome!!). We felt really bad, though, as on her last day here, her husband, back home in Texas, had to go to the hospital. Our prayers and thoughts are with you guys now.

Alicia & Ian, thank you so much for coming to visit us and we hope to see you again soon (i.e. Thanksgiving in Alabama). We love you and miss you already!


Ian looking at the ocean for the first time!!
These were some really pretty fountains to play in at Charleston's Waterfront Park overlooking the Bay.
Brooklyn is already picking up boys!!!
Ian got pretty wet, so...
... he ended up like this!
Cool picture Matt took at the park. You see lots of these guys where we live.
Both babies asleep in the car after one of our fun trips.

3 comments:

The Ollila's said...

I love the pics. I will definitely have to get copies of those. Thanks so much for being such great hostesses. I had such a good time visiting with you all. It makes me sad though, because I wish you were closer so we could hang out more and let Brooklyn and all her cousins grow up together.
Love you guys!!!

The Ollila's said...

I love the pics. I will definitely have to get copies of those. Thanks so much for being such great hostesses. I had such a good time visiting with you all. It makes me sad though, because I wish you were closer so we could hang out more and let Brooklyn and all her cousins grow up together.
Love you guys!!!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Well, if you can see lots of those guys where you live, then I am going to have to visit you. Nah, bad idea. I would never leave.

Don't tell Shen :)